Expert Witness and Medico-legal reports
At the London Psychiatry Clinic, we pride ourselves on providing clear and concise independent expert witness reports and medico-legal reports with a fast turnaround. We can prepare high-quality reports for claimants, defendants, or on a joint instructional basis.
Due to our extensive experience, we’re able to anticipate your needs, and we ensure all reports carry a high level of clarity in their recommendations. When producing a report, we’ll take instruction from you directly and provide appropriate guidance when needed. You will be able to liaise with our clinicians directly instead of having to communicate through case managers.
Our consultant psychiatrist experts have experience producing reports in the fields of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, General Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry, Forensic and Neuropsychiatry.
We undertake Medico-legal assessments in our clinics and consultation rooms in London and Birmingham. We are able to accommodate assessments in other areas of the country including home assessments.
What types of reports can we prepare?
We provide expert witness medico-legal reports for criminal courts, civil proceedings, court of protection, family law courts and Employment Tribunals, in special areas of expertise relating to neuropsychological health, diagnostic clarity, causation and prognosis.
Reports for criminal courts
- Fitness to plead and stand trial
- Pre-sentencing reports
- Hospital orders
- Parole board assessments
- Mental health review panels
- Evaluation of morbidity and risk.
Reports for civil proceedings, courts of protection and family law courts
- Assessment of causation, prognosis and long term needs
- Assessments for mental health review tribunals
Special areas of expertise
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Alcohol-related brain damage
- Anxiety and anxiety-related disorders
- Assessments for hospital disposal from the court
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Brain injury
- Capacity assessments
- Complex mental capacity assessments
- Complex functional neurological conditions
- Eating disorders
- Employment tribunals
- Medical Negligence
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychosis (delusional disorder, drug-induced psychosis, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia and treatment-resistant psychosis)
- Social phobia
- Somatoform disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Work-related stress and occupational mental health difficulties
Fees and timescale
You can begin the process quickly and easily by simply giving us a phone call. Our experienced team can guide you through the information required to determine the fees involved and timescale required for the report.
We understand the immediacy required for many of these reports and endeavour to meet your expectations by working within urgent deadlines and in a flexible manner.
Once you contact us, we can begin managing the process of obtaining your report quickly and efficiently, including liaison between the relevant parties, courts and commissioners of reports.